- Blessed are the missionaries who live in love with Christ,
- who trust him as the most necessary and absolute, certain that they will not be disappointed.
- Who each morning say: “Our Father,” bearing in their hearts all races, peoples, and languages, because they do not conform to a petty life.
- Who keep their ideal and utopia for the Kingdom, and waste no time on secondary matters, because God accompanies those who follow His rhythm.
- Who know themselves necessary where the Church complains, but nowhere feel indispensable, because they will experience the pleasure of the duty done.
- Blessed are the missionaries who are obedient and know how to place their ears to the heart of God,
- to listen to his wishes, because the Holy Spirit helps discern events.
- Who with a pure and transparent heart,
- know how to discover God’s love and tenderness, because God always reveals Himself.
- Who live as pilgrims and do not pitch their tent on this earth,
- because in this life they already enjoy the definitive life.
- Who recognize and accept their limitations and weaknesses and do not pretend to be invincible, because God delights in the humble.
- Who are not proud of their successes and recognize that it is the Spirit who does everything in everyone because they are free from bondage.
- Who live in joy, simplicity, hope and brotherhood, because they are appreciated and loved by all around them.
- Who can discern wisely what should and should not be said in every circumstance, because they will never have to repent of having offended a brother.
- Who cannot live without prayer and without savoring the riches of God’s Word, because it gives meaning to their lives.
- Blessed are the missionaries who always have the time to contemplate God, humanity, and the world because they understand the value of being children, brothers, and masters.
- Who have time to make others happy, find time for friends, reading, and leisure because they have understood the commandment of love and know themselves to be human and needy.
- Who knows how to cling to the cross and make it an instrument of salvation, because it is their fortress and the springboard for Easter.
- Who, seeing their spent resources, do not lose the dynamism of their youth. They know how to accept every step of their lives, because God will accept their offerings and fulfill them.
Original in Portuguese in the book “Orações Vocacionais e Missionárias”
Missionárias Servas do Espírito Santo – Brasil